Friday, December 5, 2008

Last First Friday of Aught-Eight


After a long afternoon of gallery-hopping and right before a long evening of the same, sometimes it's nice just to sit in Sarah Mooney's apartment and talk to her cat, Simone, while she's in the shower. Or, at least, it is this time.

First Friday, so far, for me has been some very quiet visits to the Bridgette Meyer and Locks Galleries, then a pretty hysterical pop-in to the Society Hill Synogogue for the opening of "Cypher," an exhibition of drawings by the Moore Fine Art Seniors. Angel and I got a good laugh and ate a few too many blackberries, then I headed out to Vox, but I guess they weren't ready yet. Being in the neighborhood, I hopped in to see Sarah, and now we're waiting to go to Olde City.

Later tonight, I'll be off to Drexel for the Drexel Football Team's Bathtub Party Day Comedy Improv Show. It's the last one of the term, so it should be a good time. And, it's free, so ... yeah.

Simone was just washing herself.

No comments: