Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pancakes and Free Online TV

Being poor doesn't always have to suck. Take me for example; I'm pretty effing poor, but I still find ways to enjoy my life within the meager funds that I have.

This morning, since yesterday I resolved that I wouldn't go grocery shopping this week since next week at leadership training we'll be fed every day, I looked at my shelf on the pantry. The others were pretty loaded up with colorful boxes and bags of snacks and ingredients, while on mine sat a lonely stack of ramen noodles and a box of instant pancake mix. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, said I as I poured some ShopRite Brand pancake powder into one of my roommate's mixing bowls. The pancakes are easy enough to make and delicious enough to eat, so within ten minutes, I had a short stack fit for a ... well... fit for an Osburn.

Since I forgot what I was supposed to do today, I decided to spend this, one of my last days until I get strapped back into those desks for another semester of hard learning (as my dad would say) laying around. Again, being poor, I don't have cable TV. (To those who may be shocked by this, I say to you only that if one has to buy the Top Ramen because one can't afford the Maruchan noodles, one has no business subscribing to cable TV.) Thankfully, there is always the internet - a one stop shop for everything free, including all of my favorite shows.

So what am I going to do today? Lay around, eat pancakes and watch countless free episodes of Futurama on my pc. Yes, my friend, even the pauper can live the life of a prince.

No comments: