Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Video Wednesday!

What a perfect week to kick off the latest, greatest feature of One Night Only - Video Wednesday!

Tonight, the ICA is hosting their Open Video Call event. With submissions ranging from ultra-pro artsy stuff to amateurs filming each other walking dogs or something, this annual event is sure to ... uh, well... not sure to please, per se, but sure not to bore. (That was a terrible phrase....)

In the past, the selection process for this event was first-come-first-served, so whoever were the first, say, 20 people in line (or something like that) got their videos shown at the ICA. This year, the process is a bit different. Submissions were accepted up until last week and juried by New York artist, Michael Bell-Smith. Accepted submissions will be screened tonight.

Anyway, on to Video Wednesday. Life is short, so every Wednesday, or at least, during weeks when I feel like blogging, I plan to dose you up with videos I feel that you need to see before you die. To start, here's a video my friend Breanna Copeland created:



And now, an entire box full of kittens:



Finally, I'd like to show you something else:





That's it for this week. If you find any great videos, be sure to send them along so I can post them next week! Otherwise, I'll see you tomorrow for The Weekly Love of My Life.

No comments: