Sunday, November 15, 2009

The [Women's Art College] Bucket List

(Red Flag, by Judy Chicago)



In the 3.5 years I have been a student at the world's first and only women's art college, I have yet to

  • purchase an article of clothing printed with the school's logo.
  • cry in a critique.
  • start smoking cigarettes.
  • declare that "painting is dead."
  • dye my hair purple.
  • become a vegan.
  • become a lesbian.
  • make a painting about my period.
  • date a professor.
  • smoke pot in the studio.
  • smoke pot anywhere.
  • change my major.
  • purchase or use a moleskine notebook.
  • show up for class dressed as an anime character.
  • purchase 7 inch platform boots.
  • move to South Philly.
  • attend a political protest.
  • participate in a naked pillow fight.
  • make my own clothes.
  • paint my fingernails black.
  • purchase the complete works of Emily Dickinson.
  • find something gross in the cafeteria food.
  • watch an episode of Project Runway.
  • make an installation or sculpture involving my own hair.
  • knit.
  • develop 'an interest in community art.'
  • learn anything about writing.
  • paint/draw/photograph myself completely nude.
  • paint/draw/photograph my best friend completely nude.
I have until May to do all of these things. Anyone want in?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Well, I've done a lot of the things on that list. But the only one I'll endorse is buying a Moleskine notebook. Do it! Don't you want to scribble in the same brand of notebook as Ernest Hemmingway???? Don't you??!!!!???

Emma Moore said...

I would be down for a naked pillow fight. Count me in. And I love Moleskine notebooks too, I can't have just one at a time though. You should put down something about the studios on your bucket list too. I don't know what though.