Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Art 21, Faulkner and Fat Fuzzy Kitties

The countdown has begun: One month to finish and install the work for the thesis show. While I feel that things are starting to come together regarding the work that I'm doing, I'm still more than a bit nervous about having time to finish everything up.

The making of my Cragen With A Thousand Faces project is being documented on an episode of Art 21, and I did an interview tonight that I feel really good about. Can't wait to see it finished.

Because I've been buying and reading so many theory books in the past couple of months, I made myself start reading fiction before bed, just to give my brain a little reward. I ended up finding a copy of The Sound and the Fury for less than $1 on Amazon and tacked it onto another order so I could get free shipping. I envy Faulkner's ability to write utterly decadent yet effortless prose, and am thoroughly enjoying my brain's little fiction stay-cation.

Optimus Prime, my roommate's cat, has been helping me with my preparations for Open Studio Night this Friday. I officially have business cards, which makes me feel a little old, and tomorrow I'm going to make a trailer for my thesis video and set up my lair...I mean studio... did I say lair?...for the visitors. The event coincides with the Southern Graphics Council annual meeting which is being held at Moore, so hopefully some of the arts professionals attending the meeting will head upstairs for some guacamole, secret videos and business cards.

3 comments:

Eowyn said...

At the risk of (*sigh* *groan*) ... repeating oneself again --

:)

You've done it countless times before. All your life. Made sure what had to be done, WAS done.

Every time.

In the interest of adding a note of novelty THIS time, however, I can only resort to quantum physics/mechanics:

That is, each time you flutter the butterfly wings, there is an intent -- and a result -- but the END result never turns out "by the numbers."

(Which, come to think of it, is actually ... well, art.)

You'll do just fine :)

Sarah Palmer said...

Is that you on the left? I hate to sound mean, but your eyes look really baggy in that picture. I guess from your blog I expected you to look, I dunno, younger.

TheAntRevolution said...

How young should I look?