Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Links of the Day

Today, we're doing art links, so pay attention.

Stuff I found interesting:

Banksy
Who doesn't love Banksy? Though I missed his celebrated pet shop installation in New York this fall, I am always captivated by the tremendous wit in his drawings.

Larry Rivers
This website isn't totally functional yet, but Rivers' work is pretty effing fantastic, so you should check it out.

Stuff that made me want to throw up:


Eric Wilson
Sure, he's won awards. Sure, he is technically skilled in reproducing a detailed likeness. But... uh... what else is new?

'Catherine'

"...
perhaps she does not want to see. Her sweet melancholy is almost saintly." Perhaps, I don't want to see, either. Sorry, but simple portrait artists that proclaim themselves to be visionaries with poorly-written, melodramatic-artist-statement-dribble automatically invoke the gag reflex.




(Image of dogs playing poker from TheVelvetStore.com)

No comments: